- Home Learning: Kids can use our Talking Books to learn various languages and subjects with audio from the Mavis Pen at the comfort of their home. Kids below 3 years of age can be assisted by their parents or guardians to begin learning simple words, sounds, etc. in a fun and engaging manner with the learning songs, stories, games and more in the Talking Books. Kids 4 years and above can learn by themselves without the need of parental supervision.
Languages available include: English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba.
Subjects include: Mathematics, Science, etc.
Our Talking Books follow the national curriculum developed by the Nigerian Educational Research and Development Council (NERDC).
- Language Clubs in Schools: Lots of schools have challenges finding enough trained language teachers to teach their pupils Nigerian and Foreign Languages. Using our Talking Books, a number of schools have started setting up Language Clubs to enable kids learn the language in a learner-centred or group learning setting. For details on getting the Talking Book Language Lab Kits for your school, contact us today.
- Libraries: Schools in both rural and urban areas can purchase the Talking Books to put in their libraries to enable their students learn various languages and subjects. Using the earpieces that come with the Talking Book Packs, different students can be learning different languages or subjects using different Talking Books at the same time in the library and not disturb the next person.
- Mavis Education Programme (MEP) Centres: The Mavis Education Programme (MEP) Centre is an education model designed by Mavis Computel for using the Talking Books™ to provide high quality, group learning for Out-of-School Children (OOSC) in rural, semi-urban and urban settings at a very low cost per child – for less than N1,000/child/month. The goal of this our new Education-as-a-Service (EaaS) model is to improve learning outcomes, beginning with Literacy & Numeracy, across Nigeria. For details on this programme and how to get an MEP Centre in your area, email email@example.com
- NGOs: Both local and international NGOs in Nigeria can purchase Talking Book Kits to help improve literacy and numeracy in the various states in Nigeria where they operate. For example, our Hausa-learning-English Talking Book can be used by kids in the north or in IDP Camps to use Hausa (which they know) to learn English. We can also digitize your own content (based on your existing materials or curricula) into Talking Books to help improve the learning outcomes for your target audience. Feel free to contact us for further details.
Authors and Book Publishers (Novels, Textbooks, Comics, etc.) complain about not being able to make money in Nigeria and other African countries due to book piracy. With our Talking Books, we enable you create your book in an engaging, yet piracy-proof version with audio in the language of your choice (English, French, Hausa, Yoruba, etc.) and be able to make good revenue from your efforts. For details, please call or email us today.
- Public Schools: Governments (federal and state) can purchase Talking Books for Primary to Tertiary Education levels for use in public schools. The Talking Books are designed by expert educators, linguists and our technology team to enhance learning in English, Mathematics, Science, Languages and more. We provide turnkey solutions. This includes: Project Scoping, Book Selection, Production, Deployment, Teacher/Facilitator Training, Project Monitoring and Evaluation, etc.
- Language Preservation: “More than 400 Nigerian indigenous languages are endangered.” Source – Vanguard Newspaper, Feb. 2014 http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/02/400-nigerian-indigenous-languages-endangered/ A number of local and state governments are concerned that their indigenous languages would be extent in the coming years. Using our Talking Books and pool of expert linguists we can help you digitize and save your local language from extinction. For details, email or call us today.
A number of embassy staff coming into Nigeria (or already living in the country) usually need their staff to learn the local languages (Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba, etc.). Learning the local languages is important for them as they interact with members of the community on their day to day work or developmental projects they are involved in. Our Talking Books provide an ease to use and portable resource to enable embassies and diplomats learn a number of key Nigerian languages.
Military personnel travel around the country and abroad for peace keeping missions and being able to speak the local language of the community they go to is very vital for their survival. Our Talking Books are currently in use by various sections of the Nigerian Army and Nigerian Air Force. For details on getting the Talking Books for your military or intelligence units, please contact us.
- Telcoms Staff: Mobile Operators (MTN, GLO, ETISALAT, AIRTEL, etc.) usually have their staff (engineering, sales and marketing) deployed in various states and communities around Nigeria. Learning the local language is very key to make it easy to communicate with people in the areas they work. Our Talking Books provide an easy way to gain essential proficiency in the language in a short time. Contact us for details.
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR): Various companies (Telecoms, Oil & Gas, FMCGs, etc) can easily purchase branded versions of the Talking Books to donate to schools (public and private), communities, libraries, etc. as part of their CSR initiatives. The branding makes the company’s image (logo, brand message, etc) very visible on the book cover and inside the pages of the books, with embedded audio adverts of the company. That way, companies are making an impact in education while promoting their brand at the same time. Killing two birds with one stone. Contact us today for details.
A large number women of childbearing age in rural parts of Nigeria are not literate. About 1 million of such women and their new-borns die yearly largely due to lack of education on knowing how to best to care for themselves and their babies. Sending them health tips in English or a local language via text messages would not be ideal. Using our Talking Books, we provide essential health education on nutrition, breastfeeding, hygiene, immunization and more to women of childbearing age and their spouses in their local languages. For more details, visit www.mavishealth.com.
Most farmers in rural Nigeria do not have ready access to vital farming tips, crop preservation and other essential farming knowledge to help increase their crop yield and profitability from sales of their products. A lot of these farmers too are not very literate and do not understand English. Using our Talking Books, we enable the provision of essential agricultural information in the local languages the farmers understand (Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba, etc.). For details, contact us today.